Web devel with python: Best route? XML to HTML translation!

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Jan 16 09:56:23 EST 2001

rturpin at my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <3A6412BC.A07C547 at stroeder.com>,
>   Michael =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6der?= <michael at stroeder.com> wrote:
>
> > Last time I played with a Python-written XSLT processor it
> > was pretty slow.
>
> Did it process the filter/spec on each translation?

Uuh. I don't remember exactly. I used the XSLT processor of 4Suite
at the command-line a couple of months ago to do some tests with
XSLT defintions another guy wrote. I'm pretty sure it did not use
cached code but it was definitely too slow for doing it online.

> Some translation systems use
> a pre-processing step to convert filters/specs into
> translation code. The resulting code often performs quite
> well.

Ok, good to know that. I'm not an XML/XSLT expert...

Ciao, Michael.