compiling Python with PostgrSQL

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Sat Jan 27 11:25:40 EST 2001

An updated version of the Python module that was included in the
Postgres distribution is available at

http://www.druid.net/pygresql/

With this version of PyGreSQL, you should be able to use your existing
Python, and compile the module with distutils (need Python 1.6+ or the
distutils update for 1.5.2 from the python.org page):

python setup.py build
python setup.py install

You might have to adjust the paths to Postgres in setup.py first. I'd
give this a try, it's a lot simpler than trying to build it in the
Python source tree, and the current version of PyGreSQL is a lot better
than the old one, IMHO. It now contains a DB-API compliant wrapper, too.

Gerhard

--
Sorry for the fake email, please use the real one below to reply.
contact: g e r h a r d @ b i g f o o t . d e