Web devel with python. Whats the best route?

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Tue Jan 9 10:12:58 EST 2001

[Moshe Zadka]
> The only thing I'm pretty certain about is that PyApache has been superseded
> by mod_apache. Other then that, all have strong points, so you should pick

[Alex Martelli]
> I know I'm confused, but, isn't mod_apache some other Apache
> module (that, I think, has something to do with configuring the
> webserver itself)?  How does it supersede PyApache?  Tx for
> clarifications on this...!

mod_* in Apache can be compiled both statically into Apache and dynamically.
PyApache, AFAIK, supported only static compilation (I may be totally wrong
on this, though). In any case, both do the same thing: maintain the granularity
of CGI scripts (IOW, no support for taking over specific Apache handlers),
but optimize the process startup/interpreter startup overhead of CGI.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.