Python ActiveX Scripting Engine raising Unicode errors

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 17 04:24:03 EST 2001

"Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote in message
news:Wad96.5165$DI.56764 at e420r-atl1.usenetserver.com...
> Wonder if anyone can shed any light on this.

[nasty PWS ASP problem]

> On a related note, there is no pySQL.pyc anywhere on disk, and I'm
wondering
> if that's related.

This is too weird: I just renamed pySQL.py, checked that there is no pySQL.*
file *anywhere* on my disks, and the ASP page still claims to be seeing an
error in it!

Clearly some weird cacheing going on here.

Further research suggests that short string values in that field are handled
fine, but longer ones cause the problem I gave the traceback for.

never-had-a-bug-in-a-module-that-didn't-exist-before-ly y'rs  - steve