Python 2.0 makes the current Megawidget PmwCounter (v.0.8.4) useless

Andrew MacIntyre andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au
Wed Jan 24 04:34:42 EST 2001

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Konrad Koller wrote:

> Under Python 2.0 in all my programs the PmwCounter widget in its
> integer (!) form fails when the value is changed with the arrow
> buttons. Make a test with the demo Counter.py and you will realize how
> the value fails to be changed. Under 1.5. everything was ok. Who can
> cure the problem (perhaps G. McFarlane)?

I recall a posting where someone came up with a fix - I suggest you do
some Deja searching (http://www.deja.com/).

IIRC, the problem arises because 2.0 changed the behavior of printing
Python Longs (ie it now doesn't included the trailing 'L' in some
circumstances.

HTH

E-mail: andrew.macintyre at aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac at bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616