Reading Microsoft Outlook Express .dbx files

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 10 09:12:57 EST 2001

In my trek through the various mail packages the Windoze user may be
confronted with I am currently battling with Outlook Express.  It's actually
rather better than I feared.

Its native folder format appears to be a ".dbx" file, about which I have no
information.  Does any reader have experience with either reading these
files, or automating OEx to provide them to a Python program in RFC822-style
formats?

Or, indeed, any other way of extracting mail items from the files created by
OEx.

regards
 Steve
--
Tools, training and technology can help you meet your information needs