gettings mounted file systems [newbie]

Guido Goldstein news at a-nugget.de
Wed Jan 17 12:48:06 EST 2001

Hi!

On 17 Jan 2001 12:55:44 GMT
  garabik at center.fmph.uniba.sk.spam (Radovan Garabik) wrote:
> Moshe Zadka <moshez at zadka.site.co.il> wrote:
[...]
>  : Why not parse /etc/mtab?
>
> maybe because it is linuxism?
> it does not exist in BSD, neither in solaris, hpux, etc...
> basically, you have no easy portable way, except of
> walking through all possible mount points and checking
> os.path.ismount()

Question 1:
What do you mean with: "... possible mount points..."?

Question 2:
Am I right when I say: mount w/o any options prints all mounted
devices to stdout?
So one can parse this output and it would be -- in my opinion -- easy
to write parsers for this output for every OS the application is
running on (thanks to os.uname()).

Sorry if I missed something in the original posting, but I can't see
it here yet.

HAND
  Guido
--
The Information Revolution will be fought on the command line.