Python 3000. Here we go again.

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Mon Jan 15 18:46:53 EST 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:51:37 GMT, rturpin at my-deja.com wrote:

> Of course, those of us with some amount of production
> code written in Python 1.x and 2.x have a very hard
> desire for Python 3K: backward compatibility.

I suspect that this won't be a very big problem in reality. While
Py3K might be quite a bit less backward compatible with older Python
code, I think it will be very easy to compensate for these backwards
compatabilities. Besides, the schedule for 3K is quite amorphous,
and there will be probably a 2.x release while 3K is being developed --
I'm betting it will have warnings for all features that might hurt
portability to Py3K.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.