embedding python in C++

Syver Enstad syver at NOSPAMcyberwatcher.com
Tue Jan 9 19:01:06 EST 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote informatively as usual in
news:93fgim04oc at news1.newsguy.com...

> I don't know what happens if you don't let softspace be set & read
> (i.e., whether print degrades gracefully or what)
It seems to degrade gracefully in my experience, which is rather small.

>-- note that all
> Python instance objects ARE 'expando' (Javascript terminology) by
> defaults, so you don't normally have to do anything special to enable
> it, but, if you're using your own C-level type rather than a Python
> implemented instance...

Of course, thats why you don't have to have a softspace member in a py
object.
The caller just tags it onto the object when he needs to.