Python/C++ for graphics vs. other languages?

Doug Ball doug at postsmart.net
Mon Jan 22 22:09:10 EST 2001

Dear list:

I am very much enjoying learning and applying python, however I find myself tasked with writing a potentially large graphics intensive program that will we speed sensitive.

I would be grateful if any of you could share your experiences with hybrid Python/C++ approaches to such applications vs. using compiled high-level languages like Dylan, Common Lisp or Objective Caml.

I have no real experience with any of these alternatives and would be grateful for any guidance.

Thank you in advance.

Doug