How to set up an XML-RPC server (newbie)

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jan 8 09:11:59 EST 2001

In article <3A59C319.E878838C at fast.no>, Torkil Grindstein
<torkil at fast.no> writes
>> for simplicity you should try F Lundh/Pythonware's
>> http://www.pythonware.com/downloads/xmlrpc-0.9.8-990621.zip
>
>Thank you for the quick answer.
>
>But still I wonder...
>
>The zip-package contains three .py-files. I've been trying to
>run them in different orders, but I get a series of error
>messages anyways. (And yes, I've outcommented the betty-server
>line, and uncommented the localhost-server line.)
>
>Here is an example.
>First, I run xmlrpcserver.py, then xmlrpclib.py:
>This yields :
well I did the same on my win32 Python 2.0 machine. It works fine for
me. Is it possible you aren't running python with the script? The
scripts don't seem to have #!/usr/local/bin/python or other magic at the
front.

In the server / xmlrpclib windows I got
C:\Tmp\xxx>python xmlrpcserver.py
CALL examples.getStateName (41,)
jessikat - - [08/Jan/2001 14:05:48] "POST /RPC2 HTTP/1.0" 200 -

C:\Tmp\xxx>python xmlrpclib.py
<Server proxy for localhost:8000/RPC2>
41

C:\Tmp\xxx>