I mean *setup.py* ! ... (more questions)[Re: libraries=['m'] inconfig.py [Re: Python 2.1 alpha 1 released!]]

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Thu Jan 25 21:33:00 EST 2001

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:29:18 +0100,
	Thomas Heller <thomas.heller at ion-tof.com> wrote:
>Andrew and Guido seem to have zero interest in supporting
>platforms other than linux/unix.

Not true.  I just have no other platforms to test on (well, I have
Solaris, but that isn't much of a stretch), and therefore am dependent
on bug reports, and hopefully patches, to fix problems on new
platforms.  If making setup.py work proves impossible, which can only
really be judged from user feedback, then PEP 229 could be made
optional or backed out in future 2.1 alphas or betas.

--amk