Year of the Snake

chas panda at skinnyhippo.com
Tue Jan 2 04:13:44 EST 2001

June Kim wrote:
> This is the year of the snake according to the 12 zodiacal animal
> signs largely used in most of Asia  including Japan, China, and Korea.
> Taking it as a metaphor, Python Users Group in Korea(PyKUG) is pleased
> to announced that  this year is "the year of Python" in Korea.
>
> As one way to raise the public interest in Korea, we are planning to
> have the 2nd Python Seminar on Feb/2/2001. Having more than 1,000
> members joined in last year, we expect to have a larger number of
> audience in the seminar than the first one.

It's been a lonely few years as I've gone from Malaysia/Singapore
to China/Taiwan and now find myself in HK .... meeting very few
Python guys along the way. So to hear that you've had 1,000 members
join in the last year alone is exciting stuff...

As luck would have it, I'll be in Korea at that time and would love
to attend  ... but with very little Korean language skills, wonder
if it's going to be a problem....

cheers,

chas