Testing ODBC, what am I missing?

Jay O'Connor joconnor at cybermesa.com
Thu Jan 25 19:03:03 EST 2001

I download and installed mxODBC, I'm trying to do some small testing
so I'm using the the Text and Excel drivers under windows

When I try so a Connect() I get

>>> db = ODBC.Windows.Connect ("TestDatabase")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<pyshell#24>", line 1, in ?
    db = ODBC.Windows.Connect ("TestDatabase")
NotSupportedError: ('S1C00', 84, '[Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver]Driver
not capable ', 4226)

When I try using DriverConnect, I get

>>> db = ODBC.Windows.DriverConnect ("TestPersonDB")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<pyshell#22>", line 1, in ?
    db = ODBC.Windows.DriverConnect ("TestPersonDB")
OperationalError: ('IM002', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data
source name not found and no default driver specified', 4316)

Any ideas?

Both databases are in the System DSN
Jay O'Connor
joconnor at cybermesa.com
http://www.cybermesa.com/~joconnor

"God himself plays on the bass strings first, when he tunes the soul"