mxTools (was Re: why no "do : until"?)

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 06:11:59 EST 2001

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at mira.erols.com> wrote in message
news:slrn95nml8.ij.amk at 207-172-69-8.s262.tnt8.brd.va.dialup.rcn.com...
> >There are a potentially infinite number of types/classes/modules which
> >can be considered as essential if they are required for consistency in
> >more than one other module.
>
> In addition, many modules release new revisions much faster than
> Python does.  For example, I consider adding the XML parsing modules
> to 2.0 to now have been demonstrated to be a serious mistake; there

Nolo contendere on either the general contention or the specific
case of XML -- thus, prudence is well warranted; modules should
not be added unless (among other things) proved solid & stable.

But doesn't mxDateTime meet this important requirement, as well
as the one about general foundational importance?

Alex