win32all license for python 1.5.2?

Mark Hammond mhammond at my-deja.com
Wed Jan 10 12:45:04 EST 2001

In article <AEX66.53783$xW4.429029 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
  "Neil Hodgson" <neilh at scintilla.org> wrote:

>    I'm sure Mark will pop up if I got anything wrong.

Perfect!

Just to be clear - the ActiveState licence you quoted relates to the
packaging of the bits.  It is correct that you can not take the
binaries (_any_ of the binaries) as distributed by ActiveState, and
distribute them as your own.

However, as Neil states, the binaries that can be downloaded as part
of "win32all-xxx.exe" have no such restrictions.  You will not find me
objecting to any use of these extensions unless you try and imply you
developed them personally - hence the (admittedly vague) requirement
that the copyright must exist _somewhere_

Mark.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/