Migrate Python prototype to C++: regex?

Franz GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Thu Jan 25 05:01:25 EST 2001

This is probably off-topic but I guess Pythoneers have a better
understanding of this question than C++ programmers only programming C++.

I do a lot of prototyping with Python. A lot of those prototype have to be
implemented in C++ (MSVC/MFC). STL gives (rather good) support of what
Pythin already has built-in. But I strongly miss regex. How do you proceed
in the case of regex in Python? Can anyone recommend a regex package for
C++? Is there anything like that? Or do you write regexp an other way round
somehow?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Franz GEIGER