Help with Python install

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Jan 14 23:34:08 EST 2001

Sheila King wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried it before, but I tried it
> again, at
> your suggestion.
>
> Still doesn't work. :-(

What you should generally do at this point is do some sanity checks.
What version of Python is it actually running?  Instead of the program
you'd like to run, replace it with a simple little script that prints
information about the Python version.  Once you know where you are you
can go on from there.

/  \ Whoever named it necking was a poor judge of anatomy.
\__/ Groucho Marx
    Official Omega page / http://www.alcyone.com/max/projects/omega/
 The official distribution page for the popular Roguelike, Omega.