Using Installer with PyXML

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Mon Jan 22 15:15:37 EST 2001

I previously wrote:

> First, one short suggestion for the pyexpat.pyd issue - for your
> "misc=" line, ensure you are specifying it as "xml.parsers.pyexpat",
> and don't include the "pyd".  Otherwise I think the installer will
> look for a "pyd" module beneath the pyexpat module which it won't be
> able to find.  The module name itself is "xml.parsers.pyexpat", and
> the installer will be able to determine it's a pyd and include the
> file as a binary.  (I didn't have a 2.0 setup to verify on but with
> 1.5.2, I get the same ValueError as you if I include the extension).

I should have worked this through a little more - this will in fact
include the pyexpat.pyd file, but in the root of the distribution
image, and this flattening doesn't work when pyexpat is referenced as
part of the "xml.parsers" tree - so doing the direct "import pyexpat"
is still a requirement for the moment.

--
-- David