Python + MySQLdb @Tru64 -> MySQL @Linux

darked at my-deja.com darked at my-deja.com
Wed Jan 3 18:37:08 EST 2001

Dear All,

I am trying to use Python (Python 2.0 #1[C] on osf1V5) to collect some
data on Alpha (Tru64 v5.0), then feed it to the MySQL database
(3.23.29a-gamma) running on Linux box (Mandrake 7.1).

My problem is to get a working MySQLdb module (or anything similar) on
Alpha. MySQLdb requires installation of MySQL on Alpha.
Getting MySQL to compile on Tru64 is painful to put it mildly (latest
gcc or Compaq C++ is needed). Before I will go this route I would like
to get some more information.

1. Is there anybody using this setup? (see Subject)

2. If yes, I will appreciate info about versions of MySQL, gcc or Compaq
C++, switches for configure etc...

3. any shortcuts? (i.e. compiling not the whole MySQL server but just
client libraries)

4. other solutions?

I will very much appreciate your help.

Greetings