what GUI, please advise

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Thu Jan 25 17:44:36 EST 2001

In article <mailman.980390128.6084.python-list at python.org>,
D-Man  <dsh8290 at rit.edu> wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 05:32:30PM -0600, Cameron Laird wrote:
>| In article <mailman.980378246.26304.python-list at python.org>,
>| D-Man  <dsh8290 at rit.edu> wrote:
>| >
>| >(steering the discussion in my direction ...)
>| >
>| >What is the general feeling of GTK+ vs. wxWindows?
>| 			.
>| 			.
>| 			.
>| Does <URL:
>| http://www.sunworld.com/unixinsideronline/swol-12-2000/swol-1218-wxwindows.html
>| >
>| help?
>
>Thanks, but I had already read it.  It was a good article, but it
>didn't talk much about how it compares against GTK+ from a
>application design point of view.
>
>What is your personal opinion Cameron?  (You apparently have a rather
			.
			.
			.
I usually get uncomfortable when people ask for *that*.
OK, for you:  GTK+ has never worked out right for me.
The people behind it are bright, energetic, and ambiti-
ous.  They have wonderful plans for the future.  I think
they might well dominate the GUI toolkit arena some day
in the future.  Right now, though, wxPython does better
for me.  It's a more solid binding to a more mature tool-
kit.

I think any of these toolkits are likely to take you a
long way.  Many of the differences between them are
"subjective" or at least personal, and only to be dis-
covered through intimate work with them.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net