Recursion

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Wed Jan 3 09:37:20 EST 2001

On 3 Jan 2001 00:30:35 GMT, amk at mira.erols.com (A.M. Kuchling) wrote:

> Ignore the "#ifdef sparc" branch, and it's quite
> simple. rb_gc_stack_start is determined by doing {VALUE start;
> rb_gc_stack_start = &start;} during program initialization.

I've already hinted at something like this a few months ago, after
getting the very same idea from guile. The big problem is that Python
is designed to be embedded easily. Don't know about Ruby, but Guile
is a pain to embed especially because of this reason.

This is the same reason Python (unlike Ruby and Guile) doesn't have
"traditional" GC.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.