Season's greetings (was Re: Some Python 2.1 ideas)

Dethe Elza delza at antarcti.ca
Tue Jan 9 16:57:42 EST 2001

Nils wrote:
> Please can you help me with the installation of
> Vpython.
> My operating system is SuSE Linux 7.0.
> Which libraries are required ?
> Which version of Python is essential ?

I'm not sure if VPython has been updated to Python2.0 for linux.  You can
check out the
VPython page at http://virtualphoton.pc.cc.cmu.edu/projects/visual/
Or the mailing list archives:
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/3931/2000/
Or the SourceForge site: http://sourceforge.net/projects/visualpython/

I've been using it under windows mainly because configuring linux for OpenGL
(not to mention all the extensions, etc.) is painful to me.  Because I'm a
sucker for punishment, however, I'm going to try to get it working under
RedHat on my laptop and if I have any success I'll pass along any insights.

--Dethe