Stopping work on PEP 222

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Tue Jan 9 10:53:12 EST 2001

The most recent release schedule for Python 2.1 calls for an alpha
release on 19 Jan.  That's only 10 days away, which isn't much time.
Given that there's been so little response to PEP 222, the design
specified in the PEP can't be considered complete or a consensus, and
it doesn't seem possible to discuss the PEP and implement it in that
time frame.

Therefore, I'm taking PEP 222 off the table for Python 2.1.  It may be
revived for Python 2.2, or I may simply implement the design in
Quixote and leave it there.

--amk