Migrating to perl?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Jan 5 10:43:09 EST 2001

In article <ggd56.4652$of7.222552 at news1.atl>, Joel Ricker wrote:

>I heard something about curley braces as well.  No {} for blocks?  Thats
>going to take some getting used to :)

That's what I thought initially, but it took no time at all.

>>I've seen people beinn pleasantly surprised by the quality of
>>answers they've received in this newsgroup, so you may like it.
>
>I know I have been.  Nothing like a friendly newsgroup to
>convince me to switch -- at least take a break from perl for
>awhile to see how the other side lives.

This is one of the friendlier groups I've seen in my 15 years
of Usenetting.  While the "do until" thread got a bit
contentious by Python standards (the worst I recall is somebody
being called a "cowboy"), it was still pretty pleasant compared
to a lot of other groups (even other supposedly technical
groups).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm RELIGIOUS!! I
                                  at               love a man with a