Is it possible to write a python module in Java?

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 12:28:18 EST 2001

Julien Reynier <julienr at satis.com> wrote:

> I know it's possible to write a python module in C or C++. But is it
> possible to do the same thing with Java? And how ?
>
> I know JPython, but JPython can't access to system call as os.chdir(),
> os.system() etc So I want to use Python.

I'm not quite sure what you are after (do you want to write an
extension module in Java for use by Python programs, or write a module
in Python for use by Java programs), but the Java-Python Extension
project may be what you are looking for:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpe

Hamish Lawson

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/