threading: how to kill a (possibly blocked) thread?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jan 17 13:28:58 EST 2001

In article <944ekb$ri$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, rturpin at my-deja.com wrote:

>> What you really need to do is ensure that your threads
>> can accept an external request to terminate themselves ..
>
>The ideal way to do this is with a timed interrupt that
>invokes a function in the thread. The thread would start
>by setting this interrupt:
>
>  set_interrupt(8, funcCallBack)

Where does set_interrupt come from?

I can't find it in any of the documentation.  I did a search on
www.python.org, and it claims a hit on section 4 (Exception
Handling) of the API reference manual, but when examined, it
doesn't contain the string "set_interrupt".

A search of comp.lang.python turns up only the occurrance quoted
above.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  AIEEEEE! I am having
                                  at               an UNDULATING EXPERIENCE!