Displaying HTMLs with Tkinter

June Kim junaftnoon at nospamplzyahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 07:19:28 EST 2001

"Stephan Effelsberg" <b012414 at mail.dvz.fh-koeln.de> wrote in message
news:3A66C964.46EEE52C at mail.dvz.fh-koeln.de...

> penman schrieb:
> <...>
>
> > The Tk module indeed does have the capability to display HTML.  If you
> > look
> > in the Demos/www directory in the standard Python distribution, try
> > running
> > "www8.py file:<filename>" and "www12.py file:<filename>".
> > [end of quote]
> >
> > But I can't find the files anywhere. Are they obsolete now?
>
> In my distribution (1.5.2 for Windows) it is located in Demo/tkinter/www .
>
> You can still download this version if it is missing(?) in yours .

The tkinter demos from Python 1.5.2 spit out raw html texts to text widgets.
If you want to interpret and show them like a web browser, just as
wxHTMLWindow does, you'd better look for Grail or PySol.
However, PySol's tkhtml doesn't seem work very well with general HTMLs --
it's too slow and heavy. Haven't tried Grail yet.

Best regards,

June.