"Full" object and class pickling?

Stuart Stanley stuarts at 171.69.180.197
Fri Jan 12 14:59:16 EST 2001

I am doing some experimenting with mobile objects.  I.E., python
objects that physically migrate from process to process via some
mechanism.  I had thought (c)pickle was my ticket, but pickle does
not bring the _code_ with.  Does anyone know a mechanism to:

  1) "pickle" the _complete_ object, including its byte-code?
  2) "pickle" a class so I can create instances from it without using
      imports?  I.E., I want to migrate the classes used in return values
      from the above (#1) transported objects and use them to create objects
      that can do things like compare against the return values from the
      migratory objects...

For a number of reasons I need to avoid doing imports in the "non-home"
processes...

Clues? Hints?  Complete packages that does all this already? ;)

Thank you -- stuart

--
 "Computer Science is no more about computers than | Stuart Stanley
 astronomy is about telescopes." - E. W. Dijkstra  | stuarts at cisco.com