How do I get a mimetools.Message object from a mailbox.UnixMailbox object?

Paul Moore paul.moore at uk.origin-it.com
Mon Jan 8 07:01:48 EST 2001

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 02:34:31 +0100 , "Steve Holden"
<sholden at holdenweb.com> wrote:

>The mimecntl module was invented to overcome the impedance mismatch between
>mailbox and rfc822, and does so quite well, so you may wish to consider
>using that instead.  I've used it fairly extensively and only had one
>problem with it (which I'm debgging between times, but haven't looked at
>lately).

Thanks for the pointer. However, the module doesn't seem to handle
mbox format mailboxes, and the mailbox module doesn't offer a method
of generating data in a form that can be passed to mimecntl (that
would need mimecntl.MIME_document to have a constructor from a
rfc822.message).

I hand-parsed the Unix mbox format file in the end - it's not hard,
after all...

Thanks,
Paul.