storing passwords

Chris Watson chris at voodooland.net
Sun Jan 14 02:29:10 EST 2001

> I have a Python script that makes a Telnet connectio to a remote server and
> right now I have the password just stored within my code.  I'd don't like
> the idea of leaving the password available like that (the script runs
> automatically every night, so I can't prompt the user for it), so is there
> any other way to store the password in some kind of encrypted fashion??

	Brian, I would ditch telnet and use ssh and a rsa key. No password
needed then. Unless your stuck with telenet. :-|

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner at jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner at deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"