Making a hyperlink in a text widget

Lynn Walton waltonl at franklin.edu
Mon Jan 29 01:37:40 EST 2001

I read in the tk intro on text widgets that you can make hyperlinks in
text widgets by using the text.tag_bind method.

I'm wondering if anyone could share some code examples with me that
would do the following on a windows platform (98 and/or 2000) :
- display a URL (a file:///  so it opens a file on the local drive) in
the text widget  that when clicked on opens that file in the default
browser on that machine, or if that's too generic, opens Netscape 4.x if
installed as default browser.

TIA,
Lynn