One bug and yer out with Pythonwin debugging?

Parzival Herzog parz at home.com
Tue Jan 9 11:39:02 EST 2001

I am using Python 1.5.2 with Pythonwin 1.25 on a Win2K machine.

I am running a wxPython application, using "post-mortem debugging",
and whenever the app fails with an unhandled exception (e.g. Attribute
error),
the debugger window comes up, and I can see where and what the problem
is.

Next, I try to correct the source code in the Pythonwin IDE, and run the app
again. This never succeeds: Sometimes a Pythonwin process appears that
is caught in a compute loop, sometimes an exception occurs in wxWindows
that says you can't have more than one wxApp instance, sometimes nothing
happens (apparently).

I get the impression that the previous instance of the my app is not
properly
terminated at the time the first bug (exception) occurs. I have told the
debugger
to "End", and closed the debugger window, and searched in vain for some
other
way to terminate the running application.

The only way I have found to continue after an exception is to terminate the
entire Pythonwin IDE, and then restart it.

Is there anyway to continue the Pythonwin IDE session after an exception
occurs in the debugged app?

Thanks, Parzival