Reading Microsoft Outlook Express .dbx files

Greg Jorgensen gregj at pobox.com
Thu Jan 11 02:15:08 EST 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> wrote in message

> Hint:  The undocumented Ctrl+F3 brings up a box with the actual raw email,
> headers and MIME separators and all (only in OE; Outlook doesn't support
> this, and AFAICT Outlook doesn't even save the original stream).

Both Outlook and Outlook Express can show the original raw message source,
though it isn't obvious. In OE choose File | Properties | Details | Message
Source (or use ctrl+F3 to do the same thing). Outlook has a different path
to the message source; I don't have Outlook at home so I don't remember the
path, but it's there. Outlook can save selected messages to a text file,
which OE can't do.

--
Greg Jorgensen
PDXperts