Migrating to perl?

Joel Ricker joejava at dragonat.net
Fri Jan 5 18:47:02 EST 2001

Alex Martelli wrote in message <935093030hc at news2.newsguy.com>...
>"Skip Montanaro" <skip at mojam.com> wrote in message
>news:mailman.978707587.25701.python-list at python.org...
>    [snip]
>> I couldn't tell you.  I'm a Unix weenie.  I boot my laptop into Windows
>when
>> I need to run Excel... ;-)

>Having a good cross-platform Python interface to StarOffice things
>would be a GREAT thing, by the way...

An Excel interface may be a possibility as well.  I know that there is work
on an Excel module for perl thats coming along nicely -- only write
capabilities for now though.  It takes some reverse engineering but it is
possible.  Although being a windows weenie I'm not sure that an Excel file
could be imported or exported onto a unix platform and work just as well on
windows.  I'll keep it in mind ;)

Joel