ANNOUNCE: PyXPCOM - Python bindings for Mozilla XPCOM technology

Fred Pacquier fredp at mygale.org.nospam
Fri Jan 12 03:46:33 EST 2001

Mark Hammond <MarkH at ActiveState.com> said :

>ActiveState is pleased to announce the first release of the Python
>bindings for the Mozilla XPCOM (Cross-Platform COM) technology.

Great news ! Thanks to you & to AS Mark...

One thing isn't very clear to me though : do these bindings allow Python to
directly manipulate the Gecko rendering engine, or do they talk to some
abstraction layer(s) above that ?
To illustrate the question I'm thinking about what Galeon (for Unix) or K-
meleon (for Win32) are doing on the one hand, vs. scripting the actual
Mozilla interface (requiring the whole enchilada) on the other hand.
Sorry if the question is really dumb, but I'm quite lost in the complexity
of the Mozilla architecture right now :)

--
YAFAP : http://www.multimania.com/fredp/