Help with Python install

Sheila King sheila at thinkspot.net
Mon Jan 15 02:20:11 EST 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 05:33:42 GMT, Sheila King <sheila at thinkspot.net> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <ro256tkkmuf2j6lq6279ofr871269j7fnj at 4ax.com>:

:I've been given a clue from the Sysadmin:
:I've installed Python in the wrong directory. The mail program doesn't have
:permission to access my $HOME directory, and I've installed Python2.0 in a
:subdirectory of HOME. So, I need to uninstall it, and then reinstall it into a
:directory that the mail program has access to.

Well, I have this problem solved, at least. Python 2.0 is installed, and my
script is functioning. I did have to put the full path in the .qmail file, as
suggested by Emile van Sebille. That, plus installing it in a directory where
the permissions allowed the mail program to access it, solved the problem.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/