. Python 2.1 function attributes

Clarence Gardner clarence at netlojix.com
Sun Jan 28 00:21:03 EST 2001

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Roy Katz wrote:
>Given Python's current "there's a right way to do it" motto, and
>its recent TMTOWTDIfication, perhaps a more fitting one would be
>"yeah, but so-and-so came up with a patch, and we couldn't resist, so we
>included it. So deal."  History of the World. Now there is print>> and
>write().  I call for boycotting print>>.  I expect one person, maybe less,
>to support me on that.

I was somewhat amazed at the addition of print>>, and I assure you that
I will never use it.  But since I consider Guido, et al, as nearly godlike,
and given that the last four years of my programming career have been
much more joyful than they would have been without Python, I have
magnanimously given him a pass on this issue :)

--
Clarence Gardner
Software Engineer
clarence at netlojix.com