Silly question from a newbie

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jan 10 14:56:14 EST 2001

In article <93hk9p$g5m$1 at newshost.accu.uu.nl>, Martijn Faassen wrote:

>> I downloaded the 'Grail' browser made with Python.... but,
>> being someone who only just heard of Python 2 days ago, I don't
>> know how to start the Grail browser.

[...]

>Hm, I'm not quite sure what the status of Grail is, but it
>hasn't been worked on for some years, as far as I know. So I'm
>not entirely sure if it's in running condition.

I tried it a few months ago and couldn't get it to work (I
didn't spend much time on it).  If you're looking for example
Python apps, I'd probably recommend something else.

If you want to see a full-up Tk app, sketch is pretty cool:

       http://sketch.sourceforge.net/

If you want to look at something trivial (but still cool, IMO),
I've done a demo of the 8-queens puzzle at:

       ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/python/queens.py

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Hey, LOOK!! A pair of
                                  at               SIZE 9 CAPRI PANTS!! They