Books

Keith Woeltje kwoeltje at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 29 21:26:15 EST 2001

Volker,

You'll probably want to try the Python tutorial first (online at
http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/tut.html ).

For printed books, check out "Learning Python" by Lutz (there is even a
German translation) or "The Quick Python Book" by Harms and McDonald.

"Python Essential Reference" is a very handy book. It has a 10 page
tutorial that may be enough to get you going especially if you've worked
through the "official" tutorial. The rest of the book pretty much lives
up to its billing. "Core Python" by Chun has gotten some good reviews,
but I haven't seen it yet.

The second edition of "Programming Python" by Lutz is due out in March
from O'Reilly, and I anticipate that it will be something you'll want to
evaluate once it comes out.

There are a couple of other "Buecher auf Deutsch" that I haven't seen an
English equivalent of, so I can't judge them. Look at
http://www.amk.ca/bookstore/non-english.html .

Hope that helps. Have fun.