win32all's win32net module and Win98

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jan 26 14:53:47 EST 2001

While trying to run a script on a Win98 machine (Python 1.5.2 and
win32all-132), I found that using the win32net module - which works
fine on my NT4sp4 machine - failed to import.

The problem appears to be that the NETAPI32 DLL on the Win98 system
didn't have any of the entry points it expected.  The DLL on the Win98
system is dated from 99 (don't have the version handy), but the DLL on
my NT system is dated from 98.

Does anyone know if there's a problem using this module under Win98
(my SDK docs seem to indicate the functions it exports were available
as of Win95), and/or do I need to install or update something on the
Win98 box?

Thanks.

--
-- David