How robust is Python ?

rturpin at my-deja.com rturpin at my-deja.com
Fri Jan 5 14:53:32 EST 2001

In article <mailman.978721929.3640.python-list at python.org>,
  Moshe Zadka <moshez at zadka.site.co.il> wrote:
> You might have misunderstood my English. X is just as T
> as Y means T(x) >= T(y). ..

Your English is just fine. Since I don't know T(y), that
tells me little about T(x)!

> .. However, personally I wouldn't trust *any* language
> for that. Have a every-minute cron which resurrects
> it if it isn't up? ..

Unfortunately, cron is not cross-platform. We'll have
some sort of mechanism to do this. The problem is not
just the language and operating system, but everything
that can kill a process. Still .. you want such mechanism
as backup, not as a solution to regular crashes.

Russell

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/