failed fork with latest 2.4 linux kernel?

Neil Schemenauer nas at arctrix.com
Fri Jan 5 19:04:50 EST 2001

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 12:21:13AM -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Everything worked at -test11, but with -prerelease and 2.4.0, we get
> this dump (the execWithCapture function is at the end of this message).
> This will fail for any arv.  The kernel version seems to be the only
> variable here... any ideas?

You might want to try running the Python test suite.  It should be
installed in the Python lib directory under test.  You want to
run the script regrtest.py.  Also, it would be helpful to know
what version of Python you are using.  I am running Linux 2.4.0
and have no problems with 1.5.2 and the CVS version of Python.

  Neil