PyArg_Parse vs. PyArg_ParseTuple?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sun Jan 28 12:10:45 EST 2001

I was hacking on socketmodule.c, and noticed that in some
places PyArg_Parse() is used to convert Python data to C data,
and in other spots PyArg_ParseTuple() is used.

In order to get one line to do what I wanted, I had to change
from PyArg_Parse to PyArg_ParseTuple.  It seems to work the way
I expect.

I found the documentation on PyArg_ParseTuple(), but I can't
find any documentation on PyArg_Parse(). So I'm not 100% sure
that what I did was "safe".  What is the difference between
PyArg_Parse and PyArg_ParseTuple?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Wait... is this a FUN
                                  at               THING or the END of LIFE in