serial i/o under linux?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Jan 23 10:47:25 EST 2001

In article <94igau$h6i$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, henry_crun3583 at my-deja.com wrote:

>Can anyone give an example of simple serial port ops under linux?

I wrapped it up in the simplest way I could at

  ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/python/PosixSerial.py

There is no documentation other than example usage in a dumb
little GTK based terminal emulator:

  ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/python/lcom.py

>ie I want to write a string, and readlines until done or timeout....

You can do the timout using select or by using the serial
driver timout funcitonality (man termios).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Why don't you
                                  at               ever enter and CONTESTS,