beep again

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Thu Jan 25 01:35:43 EST 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:05:39 -0200, Cesar Rabak <csrabak at uol.com.br> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <3A6F7BE3.98CFC640 at uol.com.br>:

:Mark Hammond wrote:
:>
:> In article <5251-3A6E5B71-16 at storefull-163.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,
:>   clickron at webtv.net wrote:
:> > Thanks for answering my last question. I get the beep now, but no
:> matter
:> > what numbers I put in for the frequency and duration it doesn't
:> change.
:>
:> The Python test suite has the following:
:>
:> import winsound
:> for i in range(100, 2000, 100):
:>     winsound.Beep(i, 75)
:> print "Hopefully you heard some sounds increasing in frequency!"
:>
:> This does the "right thing" on both Python 2.0 and 2.1a1
:>
:
:Well, in ActivePython 2.0, build 202, it only runs a ding.wav from
:windows. (Win98 SE).

Yes, that is what I'm hearing, as well. Moreover, this loop didn't even loop
for me. It gave a single ding.wav and quit.

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/