. Python 2.1 function attributes

Moshe Zadka moshez at zadka.site.co.il
Tue Jan 30 13:30:10 EST 2001

Haha! You had a *really* weak argument! <wink>

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:41:02 +0100, "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Take Stackless, for example.  Have you ever heard arguments against
> it from anybody WITH experience using it?  So, IF "arguments from
> experience" were indeed decisive, *WHY* isn't it in the core?

Because Gordon McMillan seems to have been too busy with other things
to finish up the PEP. That's an easy one. <wink>
In other words, there is no one for whom having stackless is so important
that he took the time to try to take the PEP from Gordon, and champion
it to conclusion. This is in contrast to the print>> PEP, where it was
important enough to Barry to do all the work, the arguing and the
shameless bribery <wink>.

For the record, I want stackless in the PEP too -- but it is not that
important to me that I want to pony up the time either.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig at zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.