Are there Tkinter examples somewhere?

Greg Landrum glandrum at my-deja.com
Wed Jan 17 09:51:09 EST 2001

In article <mailman.979701138.11862.python-list at python.org>,
  Terry Hancock <hancock at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to learn how to use the Tkinter toolkit
> to build an applications in Python, and I'm
> having trouble fathoming how to use all the widgets.

John Grayson has already pointed towards the sample code from his book,
but I guess he was too modest to recommend the book itself.  So I'll
do it.

John's book "Python and Tkinter Programming" (from Manning publications)
is a good overview of Tkinter and includes a hefty amount of sample
code.  There's also a reference section at the back which can be
quite useful.  It's well worth picking up a copy if you are planning
on using Tkinter.

-greg

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/