Why no isexec, isread, iswrite, etc (was: I must be missing something obvious: os.path.isexecutable?)

Steve Lamb grey at despair.rpglink.com
Fri Jan 19 17:02:05 EST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:51:55 GMT, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
>I didn't say it was a _good_ answer.  ;)

    :)

    Anyway, point was made.  There is a way to do it, just not the way that
I'd prefer to do it.  I'd like to see it added but I'm not going to whine
about it endlessly.  If anything I'm going to look into modification of at
least posixpath.py to include such checks in some manner once I get some free
time on my hands.  If I can come up with something that will work in a
predictable manner I'll submit it as a patch to be incorporated or tossed away
as they see fit.  Thanks for the discussion, though, I did learn a bit.