Umlauts revisited: Now they prevent program from running

Franz GEIGER fgeiger at datec.at
Fri Jan 26 09:48:30 EST 2001

Wow! Both of yours - Alex and Michael - did the trick! Thanks a lot!

Is there another trick to switch globally to this encoding? Or do I have to
check for '\xyz' characters and then encode them?

For now I do a try. If an exception is catched I call the encode method.

Is this the way doing it _always_ if umlauts could come across my way?
That'd be cumbersome because the German language is teeming with umlauts
(o.k., carried it too far ;-))

Best regards
Franz

news:94rt05$tbe$1 at newsreaderg1.core.theplanet.net...